“The primitive forms of artificial intelligence we already have, have proved very useful. But I think the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. Once humans develop full artificial intelligence, it will take off on its own and redesign itself at an ever increasing rate. Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete and would be superseded” – Stephen Hawking
No one knows exactly what the future of the workplace will look like.
But recent technological developments in AI and machine learning point to automation playing a major role.
As soon as fifteen, ten and even five years from now, these technologies will have shaken up entire industries in a big way. Not to mention potentially reshaping and eliminating many people’s careers.
But while the future of the workplace is unclear there are ways to start future-proofing your career. No matter what happens in the future, mastering a certain set of skills will help make you irreplaceable. And by being aware of the coming changes and the importance of being able to adapt, you will be able to take advantage of the opportunities that these changes will inevitably provide.
Grab the free guide and find out:
- Which tech roles are in the most danger of becoming obsolete in the coming decade?
- How will these roles be replaced?
- What future career possibilities are there for people in jobs that are at risk of elimination?
- Why are soft as well as technical skills key in determining long-term success?
- What will the tech workplace look like in 2025 and 2055?